Peace Through Action Invites Community Organizations to Join Us as a Service Site in our Peace Through Action AmeriCorps Program Application!
Apply Online | Applications Due December 8, 2023
Peace Through Action USA is accepting applications through Friday, December, 8, 2023 from community organizations that wish to join us in requesting AmeriCorps national service members to confront social discord within their communities. Peace Through Action will include qualified community organizations in its upcoming application to AmeriCorps to operate Peace Through Action AmeriCorps. Peace Through Action has a current federal grant to plan this program. Community organizations should go here to find more information about our service site application and related materials.
Peace Through Action Receives Federal Award to Plan AmeriCorps Program Focused on Peace
Peace Through Action USA is pleased to share great news that AmeriCorps, the federal agency for national service and volunteerism, has awarded us a grant to plan a national service program focused on increasing peace in the United States!
AmeriCorps announced awards to Peace Through Action and others, through the first of its kind AmeriCorps State and National American Rescue Plan Planning Grants funding opportunity. When making the announcement earlier this year, AmeriCorps CEO Michael D. Smith said, “these inaugural planning grants will give our community partners much-needed time and resources to develop innovative and effective solutions that leverage service to tackle urgent local challenges.”
The federal funds awarded will help Peace Through Action plan a national service program that is excellent, compliant, enduring, and ready to compete for an AmeriCorps program grant in FY 2024. The AmeriCorps investment of $76,717 will be matched with $52,428 in private funding.
The national service program we are planning, Peace Through Action AmeriCorps, will provide opportunities for Americans to do something practical for peace by implementing democracy strengthening, social cohesion, and peacebuilding interventions in socially stressed communities seeking to ensure safety, foster bridging, cultivate belonging, and increase peace among their people and their places.
“Americans agree on very little these days, but one belief we do share is that we are a nation with too many hurting people. Peace Through Action seeks to change that. AmeriCorps national service is a solution—and will be our solution—to this critical challenge of our time,” said Bob Reeg, Peace Through Action USA chief executive officer and founder.
“Placing servant leaders in U.S. communities for peacebuilding is Peace Through Action’s intended special contribution to the improvement of social conditions in our country,” said Pam Zeutenhorst, Peace Through Action USA chair. “We are proud that AmeriCorps sees merit in our approach. The federal agency’s selection of Peace Through Action for a national service planning grant signals its confidence that we are on the right track. AmeriCorps determined that we are qualified to get the mission accomplished—and we will!”, said Zeutenhorst.
Read our full announcement here.
Engage in Our AmeriCorps Planning Activities
We welcome and need other people and organizations to help us plan our AmeriCorps program. Complete this Interest Form (https://bit.ly/ACPInterest) and let us know how you will help.
- Community organizations that may want an AmeriCorps member to help increase peace in their communities—apply to be a Peace Through Action AmeriCorps service site. Learn more here.
- Intermediary organizations representing grassroots, community-based and faith-based organizations, and municipal agencies—help us present our forthcoming AmeriCorps program to your constituents. Learn more here.
- Donors with an interest in increasing civic engagement and social cohesion in the United States—help us finance our forthcoming AmeriCorps program.
- Individuals wanting to start a peace project in your community—we might be able to help!
AmeriCorps, the federal agency for national service and volunteerism, provides opportunities for Americans to serve their country domestically, address the nation’s most pressing challenges, improve lives and communities, and strengthen civic engagement. Each year, the agency places more than 200,000 AmeriCorps members and AmeriCorps Seniors volunteers in intensive service roles; and empowers millions more to serve as long-term, short-term, or one-time volunteers. Learn more at AmeriCorps.gov.
AmeriCorps offers opportunities for individuals of all backgrounds to be a part of the national service community, grow personally and professionally, and receive benefits for their service. Learn how to get involved at AmeriCorps.gov/serve.
Peace Through Action AmeriCorps Resources
- Planning Grant Award Announcement
- Planning Grant Information Page
- Planning Grant Information Sheet
- Peace Through Action AmeriCorps Program Information Page
- Peace Through Action AmeriCorps Program Information Sheet
- Peace Through Action AmeriCorps Presentation
- Peace Through Action AmeriCorps Interest Form
- Peace Through Action AmeriCorps Service Site Application
- Peace Through Action AmeriCorps Service Site Application Instructions
- Peace Through Action AmeriCorps FAQ for Prospective Service Sites
- Peace Through Action AmeriCorps Service Term and Site Participation Fee Table
Do Something Right Away to Increase Peace
Give a gift of money to to support Peace Through Action’s mission delivery activities
Choose opportunities to take part in our #PeaceBeginsWithWe campaign