Co-Creating Connection: Using Nonviolent Communication for Heartful Connection | May 2022
Event Description – Co-Creating Connection: Using Nonviolent Communication for Heartful Connection had two aims: 1) to present principles of Nonviolent Communication (NVC) in a condensed format and 2) to offer a simple skill to answer the question, “What can I do, right now, to make genuine, heartful connection?” This skill offers a reframe that enables compassion to arise naturally, even in challenging situations. The training was designed to be useful whether participants identified as a new or seasoned NVC practitioner.
Presenter Biography – River Dunavin is a certified trainer with the Center for Nonviolent Communication (CNVC) since 2016. He is president for the Network for Nonviolent Communication, a mediator, circle-keeper, and trainer with CORA Good Shepherd Mediation. River has provided NVC trainings in New Mexico, Texas, Hawaii, Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Maryland, and Delaware. Until the COVID-19 shutdown, River led NVC training for men and women incarcerated in federal, state, and county correctional facilities for Heart to Heart. River coaches individuals, couples and families in integrating NVC principles.
River’s trainings aim to provide experiences that inspire confidence that one can live a life filled with heartfulness and gratitude, and that we all can thrive and do no harm.
- Event Information Sheet
- Event Recording (1:00:13)
- Event Presentation
- “What is Nonviolent Communication?”–The Center for Nonviolent Communication (NVC)
- “Nonviolent Communication” Wikipedia page
- The Center for Nonviolent Communication webpage
- Watch NVC courses and participate in live workshops here
- This website is full of NVC books and educational resources to learn more
- “Nonviolent Communication: A Language of Life” – Purchase the book here
- “Nonviolent Communication” reviews on goodreads
- “Nonviolent Communication by Marshal Rosenberg: Animated Book Summary” YouTube video (5:22)
- “Nonviolent Communication with Marshall Rosenberg- A Brief Introduction” YouTube video (10:41)
- “Basics of Nonviolent Communication by Marshall Rosenberg” YouTube video (12:28)
- “The Four Components of Nonviolent Communication explained by Marshall Rosenberg” YouTube video (19:24)
- “Some Examples of Empathic Listening” YouTube video (8:44)
- “Self-Empathy by Marshall Rosenberg” YouTube video (12:39)
- “NVC Marshall Rosenberg- San Francisco Workshop” YouTube video (3:05:57)
About Peaceful Through Action Events
Peace Through Action Events gather youth and adults of all ages to learn about civic and social topics with a focus on peace. Using delivery methods of subject expert lecture, skills training, film discussion, artistic presentation, reflection, and experiential activities, Peace Through Action Events participants gain knowledge on compassionate living, peaceful practices, and social justice concerns.
Do Something Right Away to Increase Peace
Give a gift of money to support Peace Through Action’s mission delivery activities
Choose opportunities to take part in our #PeaceBeginsWithWe campaign